Monday, December 30, 2013

Step by step: Eldar Farseer


This is the Eldar farseer that won second place in this year's IPMS sci-fi miniatures category. This miniatue is made from resin by Games-workshop. Below are some step by step pictures on how I painted this mini.


Since the miniature is made in resin, the longer sword was slightly bent. I had to dipped the mini in hot water, then I gently straighten the sword, the dipped it in cold water. I did this a couple of times, but after a week, it bent down again... argghhh.... 

I then clean the model by removing the mold lines and vent sprues. I also filled some molding bubbles with green stuff. I cleaned the model with dishwashing soap and water afterwards. Once the mini is dry, I primed the mini with white.



Below was my initial design for the cape.





The initial design was kinda meh, so I covered the cape again with white primer. Then I did some basic shading using an airbrush; starting with th3 shadow, base color, then highlights. I used the paintbrush to smoothen the blending by using glazes and wet blending.




















No comments:

Post a Comment