Sunday, August 25, 2013

WIP: Wave Serpent part 2


After a week long of painting, below are pictures of my progess so far as of this Saturday (Aug. 24, 2013). If you haven't been following this thread, here is the link for the first part of this journey:

Wave Serpent part 1



I started masking the parts I don't want get painted

Started with a dark blue for my base color; forgot to take a picture for the
under chassis of the serpent.

Did the same thing with the exhaust...


Started painting the highlights using violet hue...

I then repainted the shadows to get a smoother gradient...


I forgot to take pictures when painting the thruster. I painted it with
different shades of grey.

When I was waiting for the paint in my serpent to dry,
I worked with the base, priming it with black.

Finished product of the base, as you might have noticed
the soil part is painted with hues of blue and green since this will be covered by water effects.

Thanks again for reading.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment