Friday, September 6, 2013

WIP: Wave serpent part 3



The viper strikes.... almost done...

This will just be a quick post of what I've been doing these past 2 weeks. I hope to finish this wave serpent by next week. In case you miss the first 2 WIP posts, here are the links:

Wave serpent Part 1
Wave serpent Part 2




I started doing the honeycomb pattern on both canopies: one in the turret, and the other from the main hull.
  


I blend the honey comb pattern with its base color of orange, adding a little bit of blue for every shade of the shadow.





I made a small pond for the serpent's base while waiting for the paint to dry.

I also painted honeycomb pattern on the body. Then once done, I glaze it with the base color to make the honeycomb pattern blend with the body color.

I also painted the body of the gun....

I used my airbrush to spray a darker hue of VMC emerald green on the front part of the wave serpent. I also sprayed a mix of VA tank brown and VMC desert yellow on the sides of the front hull.


I drew the pattern first using a slightly darker hue of the base color; once done, I glazed the highlights to simulate the scales. I also did the same thing with the browns.


I also did the same procedure on the other side...




 Added some more still water on the base....


Thanks for reading... 

No comments:

Post a Comment