Monday, September 16, 2013

WIP: Wave serpent part 4



If you missed how this bad boy started, just click on the links below:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

For the final part of this quadrilogy, I'll be starting on painting the gems and the exhaust. I used different shades of violet in the process...








And for the base, I just added a thin layer of Vallejo Water effects; it is good for creating texture to your water area. 



I painted the turbines using NMM technique (sorry, I forgot to take some pictures for the step by step process); I just don't want to use metallics as it is so barbaric, "Imperium-ish"... hehehehe... (Yeah, I'm pointing at you Imperium scum). :p



Also did the same thing with the lances and the underslung shuriken catapult... 

 After waiting for the paint to dry, I want back to the base and added some foliage on it....


After everything dries up, I sprayed both the base and the serpent with Vallejo polyurethane gloss varnish; I then sprayed it with Vallejo matte varnish after 24 hours. I reapplied gloss varnish on the gems on the serpent and on the water area on the base.... 

You can click on this LINK...

Thanks for reading... Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment